2. I love cake.
3. I love lists about cake.
4. I digress.
5. I have not written in over two weeks.
6. I wanted to write sometime the end of last week but I couldn't. Because I could not peel my face out of the Hunger Games books long enough to care for my children or sleep, much less write something myself. I could.not.put.them.down. All I have to say is "wow". Just "wow". How in the round world a person is creative enough to come up with all of that is beyond my comprehension. It was incredible. That is all. No spoilers here people. Go get them. Read them. Come to terms with them.
7. I have a daughter who is adorable and awful and precious and exhausting. That daughter loves suckers. We went through the bank drive through the other day, and she received a dum-dum sucker. Root beer flavored. She is the first person I have ever seen to actually eat a root beer flavored dum-dum. She was still eating it when we got home. As I was unloading things from my car and she was playing in the garage, I looked up to see my daughter holding our dog Sunni down, feeding her the sucker. Sunni was going to town on that thing. Apparently, australian shepherds also like root beer flavored dum-dums. When my daughter decided that Sunni had had enough, she removed the sucker from the dog's mouth. And placed it back in her own. My daughter loves her dog.
8. I need a week or two that is entirely kid free so I can do nothing but work on projects that I steal from pinterest and or create in my mind. I am currently only about a quarter of the way through a project that I began last year of turning old funky fence into shutters for my house. I hope to get them done before the wood actually decomposes to dust. I am also about half way through with a wreath covered in fabric rosettes. I hope to get it done before fabric rosettes become as uncool as avocado refrigerators and navy, hunter green, and maroon hunting scenes in a gold frame over striped wallpaper in the same hues. And the coffee table I have done nothing but dream about yet? Fugettaboutit. I do however have high hopes and dreams of painting my toe nails this week. Baby steps.
9. I occasionally take my children to the street behind our house to walk because it's a dead end that doesn't see much traffic and the weather has been lovely lately. Plus it helps me justify eating the fudge we bought the other day if I walk that whole half of a mile at one time. But last week something happened. Something momentous and a tiny bit (ok, a lot) frightening happened. I finally caught a glance of the guy who lives with his mother on our street. You know the house. The one where no one answers if you're selling cookies or candy bars or wrapping paper or whatever, even though you hear the tv on and the cars are in the driveway. The one that if a kid ever dares to venture onto their grass, all the parents immediately begin to scream, "get out of their yard! What are you doing? Come here before they see you!". That house. And after catching a glance at the son, turns out all our concerns have been completely warranted. Because, you see, as it turns out, we live down the street from the Unibomber. Please don't tell anyone. Information like this is never good for property values.
10. I sometimes wonder if I am the only person in the world that feels the need to have a couple of more babies, just because I've fallen in love with another name and feel as if it is too good to not be given to someone in my life. A few weeks ago we visited some dear friends who have a new cat named Estelle. I now feel like if I don't give birth to another daughter so I can name her Estelle, after my dear friends' cat, then I will forever suffer with a small hole in my maternal psyche. I also feel very strongly about the name Birdie (even though husband talked me out of it last time), and Owen all for a girl. I honestly don't care if you feel the need to use these names yourself, as it is well documented on this blog that they were all my brainchild. Just don't be offended when I have three more kids and name them these names as well. And let's not even bring up little Shep. He'll be there too. I think of all these things some times and I let it eat away at me. "poor cute names with no one to label. poor cute wasted names". Then I remember the horrors that are colic and breast feeding (I realized this was not a horror to many of you - probably exclusive to me) and I regain all sense of reality and give my baby names away on this blog. Dear world - your welcome. I would love to see a picture of your Birdie the first chance you get. (see that doesn't sound weird at all........)
11. I had dental work done today. It was actually quite painless. However, the real ordeal was the fact that a large chunk of my face and half my nose was numb for hours to follow. You have never lived until you have shown your friends how you can flare only one nostril.
12. I have to wear a fancy dress this weekend that is too tight because I didn't walk more than a half mile at a time. I am considering wrapping my body with seran wrap so my belly button indention does not show. I hear this is a tactic in beauty pageants and such. Have any of you ever done this? Is this something that will actually work or will I end up sweating like a stuck hog 46 minutes into my fancy dinner that I cannot swallow because there is no room for food? Advice please.
13. Red velvet with cream cheese icing
14. Chocolate with holes poked and sweetened condensed milk pour over while hot. Then topped with whipped cream cheese icing once cooled.
15. Angel food covered in cool whip and crushed butterfinger
16. Birthday with big piles of icing
18. I told you I love lists about cake.