Actually, I've been away on a fantastic little tenth anniversary get away and was either too stressed out trying to get everything ready to leave, or was too busy doing nothing while I was there, or was too distracted with our first days of summer to write for the past two weeks. But did you see the last post on here? From Aaron? Isn't he just the best? My brother-in-law that reads my blog because he knows fine entertainment when he sees it, says that I talk about Aaron nice on here all the time and it just can't be real. Well it's true, sometimes Aaron gets grouchy and bossy and I want to punch him in the neck. That really does happen. But honestly, I have to say that he is fantastic. For ten years I have been married to a fella who makes me feel loved. All the time. Even when we are fighting and I am screaming like a nut. Or when the house is lookin' a hot mess and I haven't had a bath in days and am lookin' a fright and I forget that I am snack mom at the baseball game and I forget to pay the power bill on time and when I "accidentally" use a dentist who is out of network and we have to pay three times what we would have in network. Even during all of that, he makes me feel loved. (even though just reminding him about the dentist thing is going to stress him out all over again)
And on Mother's Day morning I woke up to a surprise post by him, talking about me being a great mother. He's a great guy, but "lovey dovey" he is not. So the fact that he wrote and shared all of that with you just solidifies it - he really is fantastic. He always knows just what I want the most.
Now that's enough on the sappy sweet stuff. I'm about to gross myself out.
On a completely different note, schoooooooooooool's out.for.SUMMER. Sing it with me now schoooooooooooool's out.for.SUMMER. So we have spent our first week of summer bliss doing just what was intended. Nothing. And that got me thinking, what else is going to change now that the kids are out of school? So I made a list (because we all know I love making lists)
1. The swimming pool now counts as a bath. Six days a week. We will only use soap for Sunday church.
2. I won't check the mail again until August because the boys always get it for me when we drive up the driveway from school.
3. The laundry will never be caught up.
4. There will always be wet towels piled around the house.
5. M&M's count as breakfast. And lunch.
6. My house doesn't stand a chance of being clean between now and August
7. I will be awake at ridiculous hours of the night every night, watching reruns of Friends, That 70's Show, Swamp People, Duck Dynasty, The Nanny, and The Office.
8. We will sleep until at least 9 am every morning.
9. I will feel guilty about the fact that Aaron has to get up for work so early every morning and work so many hours at such a long, stressful job while we just spend every day chillin.
10. I'll probably be feeling that guilt from beside the pool.
Dear Summer, thanks for existing
Love you like M&M's as a meal,